Online ordering and daily drop-offs have become a way of life for many people. You love the convenience of having items delivered at your main entry, but there is a downside. Those boxes sitting in plain sight are invitations to potential crooks. Porch piracy is a real concern, but you are able to protect yourself from it by getting a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These surveillance instruments are fantastic tools to deter package theft, but they give you a lot more.
Take a second to find out how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll become an essential aspect of your smart home.
Advantages of a Stockton video doorbell
Manufactured in wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a range of advanced features, and the technology keeps progressing. You can now set up detection zones, speak to individuals at your door, and get instant notifications whenever something arrives.
The best way to see how a Stockton video doorbell camera works is to look at the many advantages it can provide. Think about these features:
- Active deterrents: You won’t get this on each model, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that take an active role in deterring crime with warning lights and audible alarms. This is a great way to let thieves know someone is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You need to see the whole picture, and that should include the faces of visitors at your entry and packages on the ground. Options with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision provide a total perspective.
- High-resolution streams no matter the hour: What’s the use of implementing a doorbell camera if the images are poor quality and hard to see? Top models will provide exceptional night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package arrives? You are able to enjoy immediate updates from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between individuals and packages.
- Converse with the visitor at your door: Is there somebody waiting at your front door? Bi-directional audio allows you to inquire about their purpose for being there. You could even take advantage of this handy feature to frighten off people lurking around your walkway.
- Cut down on false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to set up your own detection zones. Clearly defining the space to be monitored will let you cut down on false alarms caused by pedestrians or pets.
- Convenient video access: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home gives you the opportunity to access current and archived video directly from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you can interact with them directly from your mobile device, regardless of your location. They’ll inform you when someone arrives, provide visuals of what’s occurring, and even allow you to talk with the individual at your door. They’ve become game-changers in terms of protection and convenience.