How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Stockton smart home
At the heart of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a single united system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in full control of your Stockton home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of what it can do and explore suggestions to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Stockton do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices with radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You can arm or disarm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When integrating a video doorbell, you may even speak to visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has cellular functionality and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also offers convenient remote operability through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- Check current or saved footage from any integrated cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Stockton by programming schedules or creating preferences. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a certain time. Or, you can set rules like having your entrances unlock if the smoke detector triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just abide by these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will remain in your house and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and everything in the home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
You’ll notice a message if something is blocking the system from arming. For instance, an open window or door will prompt you to take action. Keep in mind that you can still arm the system by adhering to the above steps. You will then need to verify you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Stockton
Despite the fact that many users can be entered when your system is installed, you may want to add or remove a user at some point. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right corner of the welcome screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote capability, tap email or phone and submit the details to deliver an invite.
- Touch Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, navigate to the menu, touch users, select the user you would like to remove, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-operate touchscreen interface? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Stockton security system. Contact (209) 379-0036 to learn more.